The Thank You List
It's been a breezy week,
Of course, I'm still stuck amongst the busy bugs that somehow keeps its fangs on us students.
But never mind that.
Update, though the funder already said a NO, I have still made an application to exchange to Clayton. I could buy time to convince the funder.
But of course, being so last minute, only starting to apply on the last week (and having to juggle the other things), I got pretty freaked out of not making the deadline, since i had to get references from lecturers, passport photos, approved study plan and all that yadda dadda....
Hehheheee, this is when the THANK YOU LIST comes out!!
First on the list would be Dr Lan, the arguably coolest lecturer around to get the reference from. But he's a busy man, especially since being the coolest means almost every other engineering dude and dudette who wants to exchange must have approached him for the reference. So of course, I would like to thank him for bothering to spend the time and complete it speedily for me as well as those wonderful comments he has written on me. And not forgetting that small chat with lots of encouragement!
Then Mr Tan, the favourite lecturer. Although ACTUALLY, I could sense reluctance when he started his sentence with "ACTUALLY", he still agreed to write me a reference. Like Dr Lan, I'm kinda sorry that I added to the pile of academic references waiting to be written. So THANK YOU!
Talking bout the references, I'm so honoured to have these two people as my referee because not only their m heroes in Monash, they've written very nice and unique things unlike what I've seen on the others. Just for the record, no, "hardworking" and "responsible" did not appear anywhere. And, I'm rather sorry to admit that I've opened one sealed reference out of curiousity and of course, I was required to provide copies of that as well, but that doesn't quite make a good excuse to unseal something. But since it was sealed, I shall make no mention of what's on it except the fact that a lecturer thinks I'm cool! Haahhahahaa, I like cool!
Next on the league of lecturers would have to be the sometimes-annoying-because-he-doesn't-get-what-I'm-saying Dr Teoh. Thank you for sparing the time to give me advice on the study plan.
Still on the Study Plan, thank you kind KING Pin for letting me plagiarize parts of your application!!!
As for the costs estimation part, I would like to thank Benjamin Wong, to whom I have now added another item to the debt list. I really appreciate that he allowed me to probe him on his spending habits in Australia as well as how life goes on in Clayton generally although my success in making it to Clayton would actually trouble him to find a new officer for his committee. I didn't mean to ffk you though, Ben.
Dear Hilary a.k.a Hsiao Hui, thank you for the recommendation of where to take passport photos, because that has saved me the trouble of fumbling around the newly renovated, huge Sunway Pyramid for the photo studios that were neatly tucked away on the lowest floor, beyond my knowledge. Who the F cares if the stupid Canon photographer made my hair almost blond and my skin golden! And thanks to her also, I saved the time to spend the time on hunting for a new pair of comfy, cheap flats for walking around uni, since I broke the one and only. Although sad to say, I had to settle for something that wasn't very comfy due to limited choices, I still came home with something to wear, or else I'd be walking around matching the GREEN flip flops with EVERYTHING!
To Sean Lai, thanks for just letting me know, I'm not alone in this oddity of applying but not sure going or not.
LAST but not LEAST, I shall have to thank THE BROTHERS for all their support in getting the lab reports done while I busied myself with the application.
And of course everybody else, who's helped me make it through this rush, although the rush might have been unnecessary, if the funder still says NO at the end.
This is not the Oscars yet, so don't screw me if I forget to thank anyone!!
On the lightest note,
Weeeeee Holidays
Eeeeeeew Assignments and Tests
:-P
jiayeng
@
8:47 PM