Elections and HIV?
Well, polling day is coming fast.
Being a Malaysian who isn't allowed to vote, I get to whole-heartedly laugh at the promotional banners put up everywhere minus the headache of deciding who to place the precious cross for.
But it's obviously not funny that these election ads are making their way into places they shouldn't be: i.e. msn and message boards.
It's annoying wei, to suddenly see, "UNDILAH......." appear in your msn window. Go start up your blog/website/youtube channel as you wish but please lahh, leave msn alone. In the 1st place, msn shouldn't even have ads anyway.
Then there was this "one life" exhibit on campus. You can read a review
here. READ the part where she praised me!! Hahaha, thanks dear ChinYing, I'm flattered!
Self-praise aside, there was this message board to pin up words of encouragement etc etc.. for the HIV people. Problem was, some itchy handed/insensitive people actually drew rockets, dacing (I'm pretty sure PAS and PKR may have made it onto the board by now). No crap.
Double-you-tee-eff.
If you guys are gonna be insensitive just don't pin up anything.
Elections aside, i thought the exhibit was huge effort but the impact it made wasn't all that great. Call me insensitive but NO, putting up cliche-ed photographs of HIV victims set in poor living conditions isn't gonna stir up anything in me. Neither is the not-so-sexy mp3 narrator's voice going to make the story real enough to understand. I'd rather watch a soap opera about HIV victims.
But some of the little things in the set really gave more life to the stories. I especially liked the rubbish bin, soup pot and exercise book though I could sort of tell those melancholic words in the charming little book was taught to the write instead of being the real expression of his own.
Eye-opener, but perhaps not worth the effort. Maybe I'm just annoyed 'cause I expected more than just an mp3 and cheap shots on the walls to tell the story. Or maybe, I'm just too insensitive to care.
jiayeng
@
10:37 PM