orientation
WHAT'S IN ORIENTATION?
The basic answer would be nothing. They're better of without one. In an almost three-hour scenario of boredom, they did manage to tell us a lot of things we would have managed to understand by reading all the info booklets.
The orientation I had expected would have, perhaps, been less formal and more fun. Maybe we should have a proper ice breaking or two instead of endless talks, tests and workshops. I'm all jaded. 1st day of university was spent with old friends from college. It didn't help that Monash Malaysia was just like Taylor's; familiar faces from college were to be seen everywhere. I felt as if I never left Taylors!
For the whole of the week before, I had been deprived of internet access by a bunch of inefficient bimbos at a very reputable local internet service provider (don't wanna get sued for defamation). When I called their hotline for assistance, I was told that my modem was spoilt. In the end, the problem just rectified itself which is probably evidence that they had restored it.
I had a few posts, which I made offline, but I won't be posting them. I'm not bothered anymore. In short, they are mostly rude remarks due to my boredom without internet access as well as a post about an unpleasant trip to Genting with my family. I was awakened in the wee hours of the morning by 2 raging Mainland Chinese tourists, threatening someone to open the door outside my hotel room. Both frightening and annoying.
I drove all the way home to Seremban from Uni today. It was quite freaky because the other vehicles were just flying past me on the highway. Not to mention, I was driving dad's precious auto car (I cannot operate a manual safely), which was a 'little' bigger than that kancil I learnt to navigate the roads in. Quite soon, I became bold enough to overtake the lorries on the leftmost- yes, I drive on the slow lane- lane. I'm pretty disturbed by the behaviour of the drivers of heavy vehicles. They overtake me dangerously when I'm already cruising at 110 kmph as well as tailgate me to force me off their lane. There was this bus getting so close to my arse- the cars arse- that I couldn't see its headlamps from my mirror. If dad wasn't in the car, I might have displayed a 3rd finger.
I have two more days of orientation to go. I'm not making any shift of residence, yet; my father figured that he needed to make sure my driving was up to mark before letting me drive alone to Uni and back from sister's place. I hope the days to come will be more interesting or I'll probably skip the 3rd day.
jiayeng
@
10:15 PM