Photobucket
..
Wednesday, January 24, 2007

blood diamond
bloody diamond.......

It was a bloody good movie. Everything was too real. Hookers on the street claiming they're HIV free, children holding guns and all that stuff we hear are happening in Africa. I liked Leonardo's freaking African accent.

Still on Africa, I do remember reading an article somewhere about expensive coffee coming from poverty-stricken Africa. It seems that only a meagre ratio of the dear price we pay for the coffee reaches the poor farmers. How sad!!!!

But it's not like I can do anything anyway. I've got no money for diamonds or expensive coffee. Neither have I much interest in that caffeine packed drink unless I really need to stay awake. Guess all that I can do is just to stay the way I am- don't drink coffee or buy diamonds for the good of Africa. Yeah, right. You know we work on a supply and demand system. If the world ceases demanding, the dear Africans will have no work.

Please buy diamonds and drink expensive coffee, okay? Just insist on the fair trade ones..... hahaha....i'm lobbying for some unknown cause. Here are two site recommendations just to remind us of how luxurious life is for us.

http://www.maketradefair.com/en/index.htm
http://www.worldhungersite.com/

Still on Africans, Kathryn, please finish your food or people will come lecturing about how hungry the Africans are.

Anyways, I'm gonna go for a driving test tomorrow. Pray I can get my P licene, please? I need it, thanks.

jiayeng @ 10:17 PM Comments (0) READ
KINKS I CANNOT FIX
Clicking on the seemingly empty space by the sides of the pictures will link you to the image itself if you're using FireFox or Chrome. Shall try to remove the links altogether when uploading pictures next time.


LOVES

Photobucket


NAME ME A NEW ZEALAND ARTIST! Stuff you hardly hear of, even in Oz


Gin Wigmore anyone?
Air NZ's bare essentials campaign
Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin


Goldenhorse - Jump into the Sun


Pluto - Long White Cross


Tiki Taane ft Julia Deans
Our Favourite Target


Shihad - Everything




Bald men, like MILOW!
Milow - Ayo Technology
Milow's not Kiwi, though



KICKS

Alien vs POOH
Photobucket


Modified from a skin by Kirina at Blogskins