Photobucket
..
Monday, January 15, 2007

Great weekend
I had a fantastic weekend!! I went driving on Saturday morning. Still not good at it but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna give in and get errr, ‘help’from JPJ. I’d rather fail than do so. Okayla, so that isn’t a very dashing start to a dashing weekend….lolz

Parents suddenly decided to go to PD (yes, my hometown. I was born in Ipoh but grew up in Port Dickson before making the shift to Seremban. But that doesn’t make Seremban my hometown. It’s just a resdience). Boy it was a good evening spent just hanging out on the beach drawing pictures on the sand. Friends have almost all left PD to study elsewhere but the beaches remain pretty much as always. They managed to import some white sand from somewhere but the beach is still the beach. And PD beach will always look as beautiful as ever in my eyes.

I can still see kids playing inside the brown water as I once did. I still do, but not on that Saturday. I just spent my time wading around in shallow waters to my ankles only and later draw sand pictures with my dear sister. Our sand pictures are different. They are admired!! Haha, we sort of drew quite a few giant ‘masterpieces’. There were two huge bicycles, a maze complete with playing instructions, a kinky kangaroo’s pawprint (all Australian!!), a smiley sun face and an airline ad with both AirAsia and MAS. LOL, we had fun watching from a distance as a bunch of youths tried to navigate the maze and then make a few flying poses with the airline advertisement for the camera. It’s a pity that I didn’t bring my cam. I think we did our local airlines a great job.

Talking about air travel, I just realized how big AirAsia has become in the eyes of the Malaysians. There was this child on the beach, barely 4-years-old, yelling ‘AirAsia’ repeatedly. I’m not wondering why.

After the beach, it was just dinner with dear mum, dad and sis at the clubhouse. Then we decided to stay for the live band performance, which the club had every weekend. The music wasn’t really that good, though, I probably enjoyed watching the antics of the two really young performers. Err, rather the female audience’s antics. You see, both guys were reasonably good looking and thus, won the hearts of plenty of girls around. The applause was mainly from the ladies and well, there were these girls singing along aloud everytime. They even made a pass at one of them. Nevertheless, I watched with amusement as I wasn’t part of their fans yet.

After half a cup of beer, which I shared with mum, dad decided to get home to prepare for a Sunday morning jog. Hah, the jog was good, no falling down. I just had some cramps in the leg just a little past midway. Mind you, I had to keep pace with a bunch of super fit uncles. Although, in the end, I had to walk the rest of the way home with dad running back and forth to watch out for me, I totally enjoyed the jog.

Then I had a good afternoon spent around Jusco just wandering around aimlessly and was treated to a fantastic dinner. After dinner, we had a mahjong (which I’m still learning) session till midnight. No gambling involved because I love my money.

Haha, the best part was still people taking pictures of our sand art. And don’t think we didn’t sweat drawing the giant pictures………

jiayeng @ 10:55 PM Comments (0) READ
KINKS I CANNOT FIX
Clicking on the seemingly empty space by the sides of the pictures will link you to the image itself if you're using FireFox or Chrome. Shall try to remove the links altogether when uploading pictures next time.


LOVES

Photobucket


NAME ME A NEW ZEALAND ARTIST! Stuff you hardly hear of, even in Oz


Gin Wigmore anyone?
Air NZ's bare essentials campaign
Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin


Goldenhorse - Jump into the Sun


Pluto - Long White Cross


Tiki Taane ft Julia Deans
Our Favourite Target


Shihad - Everything




Bald men, like MILOW!
Milow - Ayo Technology
Milow's not Kiwi, though



KICKS

Alien vs POOH
Photobucket


Modified from a skin by Kirina at Blogskins