highs and lows of driving
I’ve just mentioned that I hate hate hate hate public transport and now I have another problem. I can’t drive!!!!
I had my 1st driving lesson today. Couldn’t say it was a pleasant experience. The steering wheel and handbrake were rock solid. I’ve having some shoulder pain now. Anyways, I had like 3 hours to learn the complicated basics: starting the engine, using the brakes, clutch, accelerator and handbrake amidst cruel remarks from the instructor that made me feel like a retard. Talking about the instructor, I didn’t like him from the start. Very pushy and the least bit professional. He smokes on his job as throws rubbish out of the car window and drives too fast for comfort. Yikes… Gosh I was so pissed at him and myself that I was screaming profanity by the time he left the car to observe me doing the ‘bukit’ from outside.
This makes me think twice bout getting a car and moving in with my sis in February. Pray that the next session will be better. Maybe I should go for more practice in my dad’s old car eh?
Meanwhile, I’ve to go get my Bus 11 to work hard. Really it is the best means of transport which ultimate freedom. I can increase/decrease speed without bothering bout whatever hell gear changes. I can stop, overtake and U-turn anywhere. Heh, rubbish that I’m saying but I really have to get training to run another 20 km race. I don’t wanna come back limping or worse still, bed-ridden. Ahahah
jiayeng
@
10:32 PM