Melbourne so far...
Been lying low for a while now, being occupied with Uni work.
So far, life's been on the fair side.
My family (minus one sister who was too busy to join the camp) came over during Easter break. And then we went over to Great Ocean Road, Phillip Island and a few Yarra Valley vineyards.
The family...

Please don't call me a Koala Bear. I'm not a bear.

Rochford wine! The best Chardonnay I've laid my hands on.

I may deny it (that I look like him). Here's Pa and I after a run at the Royal Botanical Gardens.

And here's pic of me doing what I like.....being in touch with nature.

Lessons learnt:
1) Try not to go on holiday when everyone else in the world is.
2) Some places are not meant for day guided tours. You won't get enough of Great Ocean Road in a day tour
3) Camwhoring really sucks. (Well, I knew this all along but now it's reiterated)
But all the same, it was a great holiday, having family around.
I won't hide the fact that I was severely lost in emotions seeing the family leave hurriedly in a taxi, knowing that I won't be able to get those hugs for a long long while. And it didn't help that the rest of the 'company' were away on holiday leaving me alone for a few days at halls.
Thankfully Priscilla saved the day by "having me for dinner." ROFL. *hugs, dear*
The next few days were spent working on stuff that would be due just after the holidays. How nerdy but I won't say it wasn't fun.
I crashed into my -I'll have to bashfully admit, distractively good looking - lab partner's place to finish up the report. I must say, that despite his worrisome MIA habits, jokes (some of them) that I didn't quite understand and amusement in getting me distressed, he has done a great job at keeping the fun side up while we work on things. Where else would you find a lab partner who'd watch footie with you or cook for you?
I diverge to talk about how different it is here compared to home. The truth is, I don't have a single recollection of eating a meal cooked by a male that wasn't paid for at all back in Malaysia. (If you're a guy and happen to have voluntarily made me some food in Malaysia, please do remind me, I will give you the ultimate honour and respect). And I'm not only talking of the ang-mohs, it seems everyone -white, black or coloured- has no problems with being nice to people and for that I've also got to thank the Evelyn Street boys for the lovely, homey post-birthday dinner.
Breakfast by Yong Pin

But being scientific, it follows that it might have been fated that I have not met any of these nice people back in Malaysia, though chances are likelier that the culture here dictates that we treat our fellow men (and women) differently.
It follows, that I like the way things are more liberal here. Nobody really gives a damn on what you do, unless you try to hurt someone in the process. Below are some of the things that can be safely done here, without scorn.
1) Have a 'Hookers and Deviants' party in a student residential hall with alcohol served.
Not very slutty hookers

The other hookers and deviants enjoying the night

2) Say FUCK 24/7.
3) Get out and come home late. There is no curfew applied to hostels here.
4) Wear hideous clothing.
5) State your stand on Malaysian politics in public.

6) Make out in public places.
7) Buy condoms for........ uh, you know what I mean.
Please bear in mind that I only mentioned that these are the things that I can do, I DO NOT, in any way, assert that I have done or intend to do all of it. I still have some norms to live by.
Back to the mid-sem break, the rest of it was spent rushing up the Thermodynamics Assignment, in the company Kenneth and Vimal. Somehow work gets done if you're sitting among people who want to work on that as well.
Boring stuff......
The next assignment to get into the box was the very annoying Fluid Mechanics assignment. It was annoying because novel topics were hard to come by and sources are even more difficult to track down.
If there was one piece of good advice I can give you, it would be, don't drink if you have an assignment due the next day!
But still, being a student means learning to adapt.
So on the night before my huge-ass assignment was due, I had a tame amount of alcohol at my spice-girls floor party, which is just another excuse to drink.
Here's me in a cheongsam I got conned into wearing (If you had brains, you'd smell the culprit right here), and that would make me 'Chinese Spice.'
And here's Varun passion. =P. You know who he is right? He's my neighbour!!!

But still, I believe I did kick ass for someone under alcohol influence.
After a night of 2:30 working and 1:00 napping cycles:
ta daaa....!

Other than that, nothing much is going on.
Will report back soon =)
jiayeng
@
6:33 PM