Photobucket
..
Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CNY
What new year means to me:

All the food n drinks!! Favourites include love letters, pinapple tarts, mandarin oranges, little oranges, muruku (hmm, I think the chinese assimilated this one), sweets, nuts and shandy.

Having a great time away from school, college or work.

Suprising my parents on the 1st morning of New Year and then demand an angpow from them.

Going on house visits a.k.a. OPS ANG PAU. By the way, the collections are not inflating fast enough to cope with inflation.

Being annoyed when relatives go beyond the limits with comments and comparisons. Last year, when I told them I might still wanna do business, they said it's such a waste. This year, I said I'm in engineering, they give me the what-are-girls-doing-in-engineering look. I chose to forget bout the other nonsense.

Hearing people nag about how hot it is. Chinese New Year is usually really hot. I'm getting the heat too, don't remind me.

Watching people gamble. I love my money too much to gamble.

Playing gambling games. Still a novice in Mah Jong, I play a lot with my family because it's the only game in common. Parents don't do my personal fave: chor tai tee.

(Since I got a handphone), having my greeting cards transform into text messages.

New clothes and having to shop for dad's new clothes. Sigh, he never buys his own.

Doing cleaning and decor plus helping mum shop for supplies. Some are fun, others tiring.

Having fun with the relative's children especially the babies. They don't make irritating comparisons aloud.

Checking out my dad's hot cousins. Something is very funny bout my family. My dad's cousins are only in their 20s and my cousin's chlild is as old as I am.

Getting annoyed by noisy fireworks and firecrackers at night as well as Chinese New Year music. I really don't get the music. They're just mostly mono-rhythmic and noisy. The videos usually feature some posers who think they can sing and make good music.

Enjoying lion dances and dragon dances and whatever else that isn't poser styled.
Hmm, guess thats all.

p/s: Dear friends, my handphone has become a mute. Please tolerate my ignorance to your calls and messages. I'm trying to keep it close so that I can hear it vibrate.

jiayeng @ 1:02 AM Comments (0) READ
KINKS I CANNOT FIX
Clicking on the seemingly empty space by the sides of the pictures will link you to the image itself if you're using FireFox or Chrome. Shall try to remove the links altogether when uploading pictures next time.


LOVES

Photobucket


NAME ME A NEW ZEALAND ARTIST! Stuff you hardly hear of, even in Oz


Gin Wigmore anyone?
Air NZ's bare essentials campaign
Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin


Goldenhorse - Jump into the Sun


Pluto - Long White Cross


Tiki Taane ft Julia Deans
Our Favourite Target


Shihad - Everything




Bald men, like MILOW!
Milow - Ayo Technology
Milow's not Kiwi, though



KICKS

Alien vs POOH
Photobucket


Modified from a skin by Kirina at Blogskins