driving tips
ABOUT DRIVING
My blog seems to has numerous entries on this issue. Nevertheless, these are the lessons I learnt about driving on real roads.
Driving school rules don't always apply in real life. The rules are made based on ideal situations, whereas our roads are so imperfect. Problems include cars and stalls parked where they aren't supposed to and irregular road designs as well as obstructing plants.
Try not to drive with more than one experienced driver (not including yourself) in your car. One's pretty fine- for advice, guidance and all- but two means contradicting advice which may sometimes lead to arguements about who's giving the better advice.
Don't think P means privilege. I've met loads of people who have got no mercy for the novices like me. They tailgate and honk to get you out of their way (even if there's only one way). And the others who keep quiet are probably swearing at me from their cars.
Don't argue in the car whether driving or not AND don't carry people who are prone to do so in your car. It's tough to drive when people are yelling at each other in the car. I've got nowhere to run and have to focus on safety.
Don't argue with the guys who know how to drive because they obviously think they're better than you AND they obviously are better than me.
Don't think you're smarter than the other drivers on the road. If they're not attempting to drive through a flooded area, it's obviously too deep.
Don't stop at the red light unless you're absolutely sure the guy behind you doesn't wanna speed through.
Don't mess with heavy vehicles. They're big, less likely to suffer much damage in collision and will cause severe damage to small vehicles. Note: the drivers are usually bullies too.
Don't disobey traffic rules unless absolutely necessary. The police lurk in the most unlikely places.
I think that's all but I still have a long way to learn even though I've become a sort of spare driver already. Hopefully I'd be a good driver soon enough.
jiayeng
@
11:20 PM