Photobucket
..
Friday, March 23, 2007

KLIM
What a long week it has been! Yes, it did kick off in a superb fashion. By 4am on Sunday, I was up and almost ready (though not physically) to attempt another half marathon at the Ambank Kuala Lumpur International Marathon. At 6am, I was among the hundreds and perhaps over a thousand of others who charged out to start a journey of exactly 21.1km. The masses were no pros, just perhaps some were quite seasoned runners. Many of us were just your average Ahmads, Balas and Chongs.

As an obvious consequence of insufficient training, -or rather the absence of training altogether- after 20 minutes, I was out of energy and was a late to arrive at the halfway mark. I thought my chances of finishing within the 3 hours to win a medal was gone.

Vivid thoughts of last year's chase for the medal kept coming back. Just last year, I was like a baby to half marathons and new to the Kuala Lumpur route. The last straight was demoralising, and yet inspiring, because it had a twist. The finish line was visible and yet, we had to make a U-turn, run in the other direction for a while and make turn back. So last year's story was, I arrived at the loop totally unaware of it, and then started sprinting because I was running out of time and didn't want to lose out on the medal. I managed a 2:51.

If 2:51 was dangerously late, this year was exceedingly dangerously late. I did manage to grab the medal by sprinting the last few metres, at a time of 2:59:59. If it can get anymore dramatic than that, I will bite my medal. But then again, the official results showed a gun time of 2:59:58 and a chip time of 2:58:. Phew.

So that was Sunday. A day that started with run, then dim sum and then sleep all day.
For the rest of the week, it wasn't so much fun. Busy-ness kills.

As for some cheeky rogues who came up with the stupid notion that it's gonna happen, I can give you one year's guarantee that it won't. Yes, I know what's on your minds. This is the rare, one in a thousand, time that I can pretend to be blur instead of being genuinely blur. ahahah.......

jiayeng @ 10:12 PM Comments (0) READ
KINKS I CANNOT FIX
Clicking on the seemingly empty space by the sides of the pictures will link you to the image itself if you're using FireFox or Chrome. Shall try to remove the links altogether when uploading pictures next time.


LOVES

Photobucket


NAME ME A NEW ZEALAND ARTIST! Stuff you hardly hear of, even in Oz


Gin Wigmore anyone?
Air NZ's bare essentials campaign
Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin


Goldenhorse - Jump into the Sun


Pluto - Long White Cross


Tiki Taane ft Julia Deans
Our Favourite Target


Shihad - Everything




Bald men, like MILOW!
Milow - Ayo Technology
Milow's not Kiwi, though



KICKS

Alien vs POOH
Photobucket


Modified from a skin by Kirina at Blogskins