Photobucket
..
Saturday, May 05, 2007

money can't buy
What money can't buy...........

I remember reading a news report sometime ago, about an undertaker who finally got married. As we all know, we probably have rated certain jobs as super glamourous and some others, most not glamourous. An this undertaker definitely was one of the Unglam ones which also include, the infamous garbage guy. Hmm, yea, I borrowed the idea from someone who also talked about the garbage guy.

We often see lower wage earners, poorly educated people and generally, people who are doing what most people wouldn't want to, to be unglamourous. We don't wanna do it because it's unglamourous, or it is unglamourous because we don't wanna do it? But given careful thought, who cares? I'm happy that somebody is doing the things that need to be done although it is a highly unwanted job.

Think about it, why would we wanna look down on the very people who are clearing out our thrash for us? We'd be in a big fat thrash can if they weren't.

And, although we'd like to deny it, we like to look at visually pleasing people, which explains why so many sexy (but unnecessary) girls are seen strutting their stuff at motorshows and even pc fairs. Dear idiots who hire models to promote your stuff, do you honestly think we people are gonna buy your products because there's a chick holding it and the lady doesn't even come with the product? Imagine me with a BMW 5 series and Jessica Alba with a Kancil. I hope you get the idea.......

And I'm not just talking about girls, and cars. I'm talking bout a subject that has certain qualities, and how the subject sells itself. We, the all-smart-ass humans, like to dress ourselves up, to cover our flaws and to tell people what we are. We don up suits and ties to make people think we're pros. But the real pros look past your clothes, right into your, err, personality, what were you thinking.

That's exactly what I'm saying, if you have all the money in the world, you can buy yourself good looks, a gorgeous spouse and your way through at work (if you do work. I wouldn't work if I had all the money in the world). You can buy supermodels to sell your kancil. You can buy exotic cigars to hide the fact that you're just one eff-ing smoker. You can buy garbage collectors into taking care of your own thrash and look down on them. There are loadsa things you can buy with money but you can never buy me into buying a kancil even with zidane standing next to it...........

jiayeng @ 11:28 PM Comments (0) READ
KINKS I CANNOT FIX
Clicking on the seemingly empty space by the sides of the pictures will link you to the image itself if you're using FireFox or Chrome. Shall try to remove the links altogether when uploading pictures next time.


LOVES

Photobucket


NAME ME A NEW ZEALAND ARTIST! Stuff you hardly hear of, even in Oz


Gin Wigmore anyone?
Air NZ's bare essentials campaign
Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin


Goldenhorse - Jump into the Sun


Pluto - Long White Cross


Tiki Taane ft Julia Deans
Our Favourite Target


Shihad - Everything




Bald men, like MILOW!
Milow - Ayo Technology
Milow's not Kiwi, though



KICKS

Alien vs POOH
Photobucket


Modified from a skin by Kirina at Blogskins