Photobucket
..
Friday, March 30, 2007

water
Water (Science and Philosophy)

Intimidation? No way you people are gonna accuse me of this. I plead not guilty of intimidation.
By my own perception, I am a very mild person.

Although this may sound very corny, I like to compare myself to water; and by the way, I'm a piscean, a star very in touch with water. As a universal solvent, I take in things very easily, or else a little force will do to stir things in and yet, physically solid and harmful acts will do me no harm. Once it passes through me, I reconcile the pieces of me and move on. I am liquid, at room temperature, and thus, under normal conditions, can do little to endanger others physically.

Water like other fluids, conforms to the Archimedes Principle. It can support some of the weight of objects that displace it just the way I carry the little burdens of life. Thankfully, so far, there are minimal heavy tasks that I cannot perform that I've to let go of it like water letting dense objects sink.

But then again, I do have a boiling point although my heat capacity is quite high. I CAN get angry (warning, rogues) if provoked. And I am most certainly hardly compressible. Given enough pressure, I will get mad. I am readily manipulated, just not compressible. You can place water in any container that is big enough.

Okay, so what is this crap all about? Nothing. Just rants from a very tired student who recently got accused of being intimidating due to my mildly brilliant results. Honestly, it's nothing to shout about. And honestly again, that doesn't mean I'm not proud of it. But still honestly, I don't think I ever intimidated anyone with my results. Wait, I don't think I've ever intimidated anyone for a long long time. Perhaps, the human brain has absolute capabilities to create excuses for disliking someone due to the subconscious ego being threatened, ever so slightly. I plead guilty to having biases caused by notions of being intimidated by others, although the intimidation might not have existed after all.

In all, this blog piece is just another melodramatic article about a recent discovery of similiarities scientific properties of water and the character of me.

Meanwhile, at Uni, I am still pondering the necessity of having an (unofficial) english name. Of course, to a certain extent, it can make people remember your name. But you don't just give yourself a name out of nowhere, do you? I do find difficulties in remembering ethnic (lets not be racist and say 'chinese') names and sometimes even saying it out loud is weird. I even have trouble saying my own name; maybe I just don't call myself by my name often enough. I still don't think I need an english name, though I do like to imagine myself being called 'Jo' (not for Joanne or Joanna or whatever) simply because Jo means a loved one. A friend argued; boo means loved one too, but err, don't exactly like to be boo-ed and boo is also specifically for lovers. But Jo stands nowhere near 'yeng' because well, it's my name and kinda sounds like 'cool' in Cantonese (if you say it right). So verdict is still, either Jia Yeng or Yeng. Thank you very much.

jiayeng @ 9:53 PM Comments (0) READ
KINKS I CANNOT FIX
Clicking on the seemingly empty space by the sides of the pictures will link you to the image itself if you're using FireFox or Chrome. Shall try to remove the links altogether when uploading pictures next time.


LOVES

Photobucket


NAME ME A NEW ZEALAND ARTIST! Stuff you hardly hear of, even in Oz


Gin Wigmore anyone?
Air NZ's bare essentials campaign
Gin Wigmore - Under My Skin


Goldenhorse - Jump into the Sun


Pluto - Long White Cross


Tiki Taane ft Julia Deans
Our Favourite Target


Shihad - Everything




Bald men, like MILOW!
Milow - Ayo Technology
Milow's not Kiwi, though



KICKS

Alien vs POOH
Photobucket


Modified from a skin by Kirina at Blogskins